ExxonMobil Corporation is a world's leading publicly-owned energy company is recruiting for its 2016 Geoscience Student Placement. ExxonMobil's business in Nigeria is conducted through individual operating companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: 2016 Global Geoscience Student Placement
Roles and responsibilities
- Geoscientists with ExxonMobil have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and expertise throughout their careers. Multiple assignments in operations and/or research ensure the needed breadth and depth of experience and expertise for success. Geoscientists have opportunities to develop broad backgrounds necessary to do exploration and production mapping and prospecting or to specialize in various technical aspects of the exploration and production process.
- Assignments are at the play to prospect scale and focus on discovering and assessing new fields. Regional teams integrate data on play to basin scales to identify areas for future exploration or to better define an existing exploration trend. New opportunity teams typically work in areas where new concessions or discoveries have been made to test new prospects of confirm existing discoveries to determine whether or when production operations should commence.
- Assignments are at field scale to deliver accurate subsurface descriptions and communicate risks and uncertainties, enabling ExxonMobil to make business and operating decisions which influence the planning, design, construction, commissioning, and startup of the major Upstream capital projects.
- Assignments are done at the reservoir to field scale and focus on defining, developing and depleting new or mature existing fields. A strong emphasis in these assignments will be to build skills in integrating and interpreting geological and geophysical data, such as core, fluids, outcrops, and seismic, using advanced mapping, interpretation, modeling and other techniques.
- Assignments offer the opportunity to perform basic and applied research in seeking new ways to find and recover hydrocarbons. Our research programs reflect exploration and production business strategies; for example, pursuing attractive exploration opportunities, developing production from new fields, and maximizing economic recovery from existing fields. Its focus is on the development of proprietary, high-impact technologies in support of the upstream operating companies. The approach is to align with upstream priorities and key geoscience and engineering technology issues; focus on timely and effectively technology delivery; provide expert consulting, unique laboratory capability and technical training.
Primary Job Function
- ExxonMobil is interested in finding outstanding scientists who have a strong fundamental background in the earth sciences, physical sciences, and mathematics.
- We have excellent proprietary capabilities in teaching petroleum science and technology, and therefore do not require new geoscientists to have any prior petroleum course work or experience.
- There is, however, a requirement for demonstrated leadership, adaptability, teamwork, excellent communication skills in English, and a commitment to high safety and ethical standards.
- The company regards its global and long-term approach to hiring and career development as the foundation of its future success as a company.
- It is also a source of great opportunity for scientists who want to grow their skills and capabilities for a long-term career.
- ExxonMobil geoscientists are deployed across the Upstream to support the Corporation's goal of finding, developing and producing hydrocarbon resources and reserves.
- The Exploration Company is the career home for geoscientists across the Upstream.
- A geoscientist at ExxonMobil can expect to solve geologic problems in numerous basins, in various work settings, and in all the different business stages from exploration to development through production.
- In addition, we have many roles for geoscientists who like to specialize, for instance in seismic data acquisition and processing, or in formation evaluation, and we have an entire upstream company devoted to geoscience research.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Ability to integrate knowledge, ideas and skills to solve geologic problems across exploration and production functions.
- Provide judgment and speed in application of geoscience tools and techniques; and, desire to maintain their competitive advantage through advanced training and superior technological understanding.
- There is a requirement for demonstrated leadership, adaptability, teamwork, excellent communication skills in English, and a commitment to high safety and ethical standards.
- The company regards its global and long-term approach to hiring and career development as the foundation of its future success as a company, and as a source of great opportunity for scientists who want to grow their skills and capabilities for a long-term career.
- BS, MS or PhD in Geology or Geophysics.
- Candidates should have a strong fundamental background in the earth sciences, physical sciences, and mathematics.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Early career geoscientists may start work in one of the following companies:
- ExxonMobil Exploration Company, ExxonMobil Production Company, ExxonMobil Development Company or ExxonMobil Upstream Research Company.