The Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen countries, founded in 1975. Its mission is to promote economic integration in "all fields of economic activity, particularly industry, transport, telecommunications, energy, agriculture, natural resources, commerce, monetary and financial questions, social and cultural matters
* Department: Administration and Finance
* Directorate: Human Resources
* Grade: P5
* Salary Scale: USD 83,382.19 - USD 92,372.27
* Supervisor: Director Human Resources
* Reference: ECW-COMM/REC/HR/007/2010
* Duration: Two Years
* Closing date: 11-11-2010
Ecowas Commission: Recruitment Specialist
To meet these pressing staffing needs across the Community while ensuring the Recruitment process is efficient, measures up to global standards and leverages on available technological-solutions to achieve organisational goals; the Human Resource Directorate seeks to a Recruitment Specialist in
delivering the required services for ECOWAS Commission, its Institutions and Specialised Agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Initiate and pioneer a new approach to real-time recruitment service delivery system which will provide people for the organisation with the right skills, in the right place at the right time, enabling the organisation to respond quickly to changing staffing demand as its strategy transforms.
* Source, analyse and provide current recruitment knowledge and trends within the international public organisations in order to advise the Human Resources team on more effective and efficient recruitment practices.
* Based on a deep understanding of staffing needs across the ECOWAS Commission, its Institutions and Specialised Agencies, suggest proper media for approaching the right calibre of candidates.
* Follow up and coordinate with recruitment channels (print, online, head-hunting, referrals) and analyse their effectiveness as well as efficiency for various types of roles.
* Execute pre-screening and/or final phone/face to face interviews for mid & managerial level positions & supports all parties as required.
* Oversee the administration of positions advertisement, notification process for selection and recruitment, including development of screening questions.
* Collaborate with relevant HR colleagues in a proactive manner to ensure seamless handover in the recruitment/induction process.
* Oversee generation of a range of resourcing related reports and statistics including effectiveness of job advertisement tools and other sourcing techniques.
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in social sciences or related field.
* Relevant Master's degree will substitute for two years of professional experience.
* 10 years progressive work experience in Human Resources or relevant consultancy roles.
* Demonstrable experience and ability to deliver Recruitment solutions including workforce planning, competency-based selection, running of assessment centres and headhunting techniques.
* Communication: Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate, verbally and in writing, including use of persuasive presentation
* Diversity Awareness: Understanding and ability to work effectively with individuals having diverse styles, abilities, motivations and background (including gender and cultural differences)
* Ethics and Integrity: Demonstrated practice of integrity and ethical behaviour in all circumstances
* HR Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge of Recruitment laws and policies which applies to the organisation; understanding of Recruitment processes and how to change to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Innovation: Ability to be innovative, creating and sustaining a positive environment that supports calculated risk-taking
* Negotiation: Demonstrated ability to use negotiating skill sets, including consensus-building, coalition-building, and dispute resolution.
* Organisational Knowledge: Ability to promptly understand organisation's mission, vision and values and how this ties to meeting the organisation's goals; demonstrated understanding of the public sector environment.
* Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to build and sustain trust-based relationships, both individually and collectively over time.
* Stakeholder Management: Demonstrated ability to analyse all presenting issues, recognising the needs of all stakeholders in terms of collaborative solutions.
* Strategic Thinking: Ability to link specific human resource initiative to the greater organisation mission and deliverables
* Team Leadership: Demonstrated understanding of team behaviour and ability to lead teams towards high performance
Candidate must not be fifty (50) years old or more at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
Proficiency (speaking, writing) in one of the three official ECOWAS languages- English, French, Portuguese. Proficiency in more than one is an added advantage.
Apply Online Search for high paid jobs here