Notore Chemical Industries Ltd. (www.notore.com) is an agro-allied and chemical company committed to enhancing the quality of life in Africa through local food production. We are championing the African Green Revolution by supporting local food production on the continent thereby creating economic wealth, helping to reduce hunger and increase food security on the continent.
Currently, the Notore fertiliser plant is the only urea fertiliser plant in Sub-Saharan Africa.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The ISO Implementation Manager is the catalyst for our effort to develop a solid Quality Management System for the organization. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all necessary ISO 9001 processes are adequately defined, effectively deployed, and continually kept up. The role will also serve as project manager for the design and implementation of the ISO 9001 system, coordinating or providing training to those developing the ISO processes, overseeing the document control function as it pertains to the control of ISO documentation, and coordinating the internal auditors who monitor the compliance and effectiveness of the QMS.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the project management of the entire ISO 9001 implementation life cycle and ensures that the project is completed on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of internal clients.
• Lead, guide and mentor all members of the project team during the implementation.
Additionally, the ISO 9001 Implementation Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Coordinate and support efforts towards the achievement and maintenance of the company’s quality management system to ISO 9001 certification.
• Plan and conduct company-wide awareness and training program on ISO 9001 requirements and quality improvement tools.
• Plan, lead and conduct internal quality systems audits and report findings and recommendations.
• Administer the Corrective and Preventive Action Program.
• Develop, establish and document needed quality assurance processes into procedures and instructions as necessary.
• Identify, implement, drive and provide support to continuous qualityimprovements, internal and external
• Provide quality reports, analysis and recommendations.
• Perform Internal Quality System Audits.
• Provide support in the documentation, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the company’s quality management system and ISO 9001 requirements.
• Working independently
• Analytical, written, and verbal skills
• Ability to work directly with, interact and effectively communicate with all levels of employees, manager and consultants with varying degrees of business and technical experience.
• Performing operational and technical assessments and creating detailed roadmaps.
• Vendor management skills
• Project based experience on an ISO 9001 QMS implementation, in a role providing leadership in production or project-oriented activities such as planning, organizing, coordinating, and evaluating.
• Related position on Business Process Improvement/Redesign and Operational Efficiency initiatives.
• Demonstrated experience in defining business processes, training and change management.
• Ability to develop reliable project timelines and deliver against established timelines.
• May be required to travel, do irregular hours of work and work hours in excess of the normal daily work hours in order to meet deadlines and schedules.
KIND OF PERSON
• An individual that has demonstrated ability to coordinate, direct, implement, strategize and execute tasks to successful completion.
• Excellent consultative communicator capable of analysing a situation and acting decisively.
• An individual able to effectively lead cross functional teams, end-users, IT employees, vendors/consultants.
• Must be process oriented.
• Minimum five years of working experience in quality management preferably in a continuous process manufacturing environment or in the oil & gas industry.
• Excellent knowledge and experience in implementing and maintainingquality management systems.
• Proficiency in implementing ISO 9001 quality management system requirements.
• Very good knowledge of quality improvement tools and techniques.
• Proficient in using MS Project, Word and Excel.
• Experience setting up and maintaining project oriented collaboration site.
BS Engineering degree or higher is preferred.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: May 30, 2012
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and apply through the Notore website at http://notore.com/careers.php