LOCATION: ONNE, NIGERIA JOB NUMBER: 1519743
BUSINESS: GE ENERGY
BUSINESS SEGMENT: ENERGY – OIL & GAS
GE is a diversified global infrastructure,finance and media company that is built to meet essential world needs.From energy,water,transportation and health to access to money and information,GE serves customers in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worlwide.For more information,visit the company’s web site at www.ge.com.GE Oil &Gas (www.ge.com/oilandgas) is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry,from drilling and production,LNG pipelines and storage to industrial power generation,refining and petrochemicals.We also provide pipeline integrity solutions, including inspection and data management. As part of our”Innovation Now” customer focus and commitment,GE Oil &Gas leverages technological innovation from other GEbusinesses,such as aviation and healthcare,to continuously inprove oil and gas industry performance and productivity.GE Oil & Gas employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and operates in over 70 countries.
POSTED POSITION TITLE: WORKSHOP LEAD ENGINEER (HARDWARE)
CAREER LEVEL: EXPERIENCED
FUNCTION SEGMENT: FULFILLMENT OPERATIONS
U.S. STATE, CHINA OR CANADA PROVINCES:
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: YES
The job holder will manage and control the hardware production,refurbishment and rental functions within business unit.
- Ensure that all activity is carried out in line with company QHSE systems including Toolboxtalks, JSA’s, Stop system, incident reporting and risk control plans.
- To install, commission, maintain, repair, fault find company products in line with company procedures and O&M’s
- Prepare weekly reports
- Active participation in the HELP programme
- Manage workshop team and report to the L&D Manager when appropriate- Train new workshop personnel and create a report to the L&D Manager
- NHC/TC certification in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in Hydraulic/Mechanical systems
- 5 Years workshop experience.
- In depth knowledge of workshop practices
- Good understanding of QHSE within the oil and gas industry
- Experience of managing a team- Excellent Report writing skill
- Ability to interact with customers on a daily basis
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Uses PC package provided and is competent in the use of Microsoft office, lotus notes, PIMS.
- In depth knowledge of Mechanical & Hydraulic equipment.
- Knowledge of HSE legislative requirements and the various procedures and policies relevant to particular sites/installations.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Ability to trouble-shoot non conforming equipment and advise solutions.
- Ability to interface with the customer on issues/work schedules.
- Set priorities for the team on a ongoing basis.
- Appraise the team on competence / attitude towards the work being conducted.
- High energy level
Aviation, Data, Data Management, Energy, Engineer, Engineering, Engineering Manager, Finance, Hardware Engineer, Hydraulics, Inspector, Mechanical Engineer, Pipeline, Quality, Risk Management
CLICK HERE TO APPLY